Tournament RequirementsUpdated Tuesday November 17, 2015 by Tennessee Dixie Youth Baseball.
TENNESSEE DIXIE YOUTH BASEBALL TOURNAMENT REQUIREMENTS
A. HOSTING FEES
To provide additional working funds for the State Organization, each Tournament Host will contribute a minimum of$50.00 per team per tournament to the State DIXIE YOUTH Treasury for the privilege of hosting a tournament.
These fees must be paid prior to the start of the tournament. These fees apply to Sub-District and District Tournaments at all levels (A-AA-AAA-Major-O-Zone).
STATE TOURNAMENT HOSTING FEES $800.00
B. STATE TOURNAMENTS
In order to bid on a State Tournament, a potential Host must have previously Hosted a Sub-District or District Tournament in DIXIE YOUTH BASEBALL.
All applications for Hosting a State Tournament must be submitted in writing to the State Director on or before June 30 of the year PRIOR to the year in which the tournament is to be held. If no application is received, the State Director, with the approval of the State BOARD OF DIRECTORS, will determine the site. Leagues will be required to make a presentation to the State BOARD OF DIRECTORS at their annual spring board meeting. Inspection of facilities and organization of each bidding League will be made by the State Organization prior to this presentation. A final inspection of the Host site will be made no later than thirty (30) days prior 10 the beginning of the Stale Tournament. To receive a State Tournament, a majority of votes cast by the Board of Directors at the Board
meeting (held at annual spring meeting) will be necessary; if no one League receives a majority of votes cast, a run-off will be held between the top two (2) Leagues plus any ties for the two (2) top positions.
3. ROTATION OF STATE TOURNAMENTS
a. All State Tournaments will rotate in the following order: EAST - MIDDLE - WEST.
b. The East Region will be composed of Districts 6 and 8. The Middle Region will be composed of Districts 3, 4, and 5. The West Region will be composed of Districts1 and 2.
c. 'State Tournaments will be a 12-team bracket, which will be comprised of District Champions from each district and the host ream. The remaining 4 teams will be the runners-up in district play which will be selected on a rotating basis starting with District 1.
4. REQUIREMENTS TO BE MET BY THE HOST OF A TENNESSEEDIXIE YOUTH STATE TOURNAMENT. A STATE TOURNAMENT HOSTMUST:
1) Pay to the State Organization a hosting fee of $800.00.
2) Pay to the State Organization the cost of a DIXIE YOUTH Championship flag and official T-Shirts for the State Championship Team and Coaches.
3) Pay to the State Organization the cost of the following team and individual awards.
a) Championship--- Team and individual
b) Runner-Up---Team and individual
c) Sportsmanship--- Team
4) Pay an expense allowance to the State Director the per diem not to exceed $75.00 per day.
5) The first day of every tournament in Tennessee, we'll collect one extra dollar per paid attendance to be collected from you by the district director and sent to the-state.
1) Furnish each team with a schedule of entertainment available, such as admission to theaters, swimming pools, bowling centers, recreation centers, mini-golf, etc.
2) You must provide players and coaches with lanyard type ribbons with passes on them. Each coach will receive two (2) passes only.
3) Provide a birthday cake for team members having a birthday during the Tournament. This information will be furnished by the Tournament Director. It is suggested that the cake be presented to the player at home plate following his teams game on his birthday.
4) Provide all participants, including managers/coaches, with a souvenir package. These packages should contain any time of inexpensive gift or souvenir from the area or any item that the host wishes to provide.
1) Publish a Tournament program containing pictures of competing teams and other material of interest in connection with the State Tournament. It must also include pictures of the District, State, and National Directors of Tennessee Dixie Youth Baseball as furnished by the State Director. It must also include the tournament pairings and an official letter from the State Director to the Host League President.
2) Arrange to display the American flag, the Tennessee State flag and the flags of each District competing in the State Tournament.
3) Arrange for local news media to give the Tournament coverage in local papers.
4) The invocation must be given and the National Anthem played at the beginning of each session of play. Proper patriotic and spiritual emphasis must be given all activities of the Tournament.
5) Provide an opening ceremony that is approximately 15 minutes in length as approved by the Tournament Director. These ceremonies will be held at the playing field to be used during the Series unless prior approval is
granted by the Tournament Director. It is suggested that only the necessary minimum number of politicians be introduced. Dixie Youth officials in attendance will be introduced.
d. PLAYING FIELD(S)IFACILITIES
1) Provide a playing field(s) meeting Dixie Youth Baseball specifications as illustrated in the Dixie Youth Rule Guide. The outfield fence must be minimum of 180' and a maximum of 225' from home plate. Dugouts, sideline fencing and an electronic scoreboard must be provided.
2) Provide press box facilities large enough to accommodate the official scorer, public address announcer, scoreboard operator, and other officials as approved by the Tournament Director.
ONLY THOSE INDIVIDUALS APPROVED BY THE TOURNAMENT
DIRECTOR WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE PRESS BOX.
3) Provide a telephone close to the press box that can be used only for official business connected with the tournament.
4) Furnish a public address system that will give complete audio coverage to every part of the stadium. A back-up system must be immediately available.
5) Provide adequate seating accommodations for a minimum of 500 spectators, at the game site. It is recommended, but not required, that a minim, admission fee be charged.
6) .Public rest rooms must be near the field(s) and there must be a minimum of four available units, at least two for men and two for ladies.
7) Provide ample parking space near the park at no charge.
8) Provide a first-aid station with a medical doctor, registered nurse or other trained medical personnel on duty during all sessions. Provide a number of a doctor on call for emergencies for visiting participants and officials.
9) Provide police and security personnel during all games.
e. MISCELLANEOUS REQUIREMENTS
1) Provide competent umpires for all games. The umpires MUST be: approved by the Tournament Director prior to the start of the Tournament. They,should have experience in working Dixie Youth games and should have previous tournament experience. The Dixie Youth Baseball patch is the only patch that will be allowed on their uniform during the Tournament. The host league will be responsible for the payment of umpiring fees to the umpires working the State Tournament. All umpires working the State Tournament must attend a meeting with the Tournament Director prior to the start of the State Tournament.
2) Home run balls are to be retrieved, if possible, and presented to the hitter on the field following the game in which it was hit. The game ball will likewise be presented to any pitcher who pitches a no-hit game.
3) Leagues bidding for the opportunity to host a Tennessee Dixie Youth State Tournament must Slate in their bid if any other tournaments or activities are planned during the same period in which the tournament they are bidding on is being held.
4) A large tournament bracket showing the pairings must be displayed at the site of the State Tournament.
5) A package showing motel locations, directions to the park, and other general information must be presented at the spring meeting .
6) If a "Hospitality Room" is offered by the Host League, its use must be offered to all DYB officials. It is recommended that "Hospitality Room" refreshments, if any, be restricted to coffee, juice and/or soft drinks and not go beyond very light snacks. NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES OF ANY KIND ARE ALLOWED AT ANY FUNCTION of DIXIE YOUTH BASEBALL.
5. REQUIREMENTS OF PLAYERS/MANAGERS/COACHES
a. Managers are required to attend all meetings set by the Tournament Director.
b. Players must be housed with Parents or "Guardians" at the Site of the State Tournament or commute to their legal residence.
c. All Players are expected to display good sportsmanship, and the adults are expected to set the example. Any Manager, Coach, or Assistant who is removed from a Tournament game by an Umpire will automatically be ineligible to manage, coach, or in any way participate in any phase of their teams activities for the remainder of the Tournament. The Tournament Director may give the Team involved authority to replace such a suspended
d. All coaches and managers must be dressed alike.
6. REQUIREMENTS OF STATE ORGANIZATION
a. Provide a minimum of $100.00 or $1.00 per mile to a maximum of $500.00 to the teams representing Tennessee in the DIXIE YOUTH WORLD SERIES for travel expense from their home site to the sites of the DIXIE YOUTH WORLD SERIES.
b. At the desecration of the State Director, teams qualifying for the Majors "0" zone & AAA World Series will be provided uniforms or will be allowed an allowance not to exceed $500.00. Uniforms purchased must meet the specifications as set by the state Director.
C. DISTRICT/SUB-DISTRICT TOURNAMENTS (ALL DIVISIONS)
1. ROTATION OF DISTRICT/SUB-DISTRICT TOURNAMENTS
All District and Sub-District Tournaments must be offered to all Leagues on an alphabetical rotation system provided the League's facilities meet Tournament specifications. A League may turn down its opportunity to host the Tournament and in so doing will have to wait until all Leagues have had an opportunity to host the Tournament before they are again eligible to act as Tournament Host. In cases where two (2) or more Leagues are operating within the same boundaries or using common playing facilities, these will not be eligible to host the Tournament a second time until all other Leagues have had an opportunity to act as Tournament Host. If no League accepts or qualifies for the Tournaments(s), the District Director, with the approval of the State Director, will determine the site(s)
2. REQUIREMENTS OF HOST
a. Provide a playing field that conforms to specifications as outlined in the official DIXIE YOUTH BASEBALL Rule Guide.
b. Furnish Approved DIXIE YOUTH Baseballs.
c. Provide adequate restroom facilities
d. Provide qualified Umpires for the Tournament. These will be selected by the District Director with the provision that at least one Umpire selected be from the District/Sub-District involved.
e. Provide ream awards as follows:
l) Championship Award.
2) Runner-up Award.
3) Sportsmanship Award.
The Sportsmanship Award shall be determined by the conduct of the players, managers, and the action of their fans.
f. Pay to the DIXIE YOUTH State Treasury the applicable Tournament Hosting fee.
3. REQUIREMENTS OF ALL TOURNAMENT TEAMS IN DISTRICT PLAY